First Father's Day!

It's Brian's first Dad's Day!


Brian is my BFF, and if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here, with this blog, with this baby, and with this life that I love so much.  I have often referred to him as one of the greatest humans I know- which is really the best way I can describe him in a nutshell.  He has integrity and a moral compass few others possess.  He's a stand up guy.  There is no BS about him (well, except when it's on purpose - ha).  He is just a good. person. period.  Also, he's really funny.  And smart.  And thoughtful.  And he knows everything about electronics and computers, which really comes in handy.  And he will get rid of rodents for me, which makes him a life-saver.  And he has seen me and my body in the most precarious of states before and after childbirth and doesn't seem to be scarred for life, which I appreciate.  And he drinks milk, like for the enjoyment of it- which I think is so awesome, despite the fact that I cannot fathom why anyone would want to drink milk for the enjoyment of it.  And he wears my handknits and eats my food, which makes me really happy.  And he is allowing me to live my dream life.  And for that I am the most grateful.


Last, but not least, he is an amazing Dad. Not because he does anything out of the ordinary, but because he is everything a dad should be.  He has been hands-on (literally) every day, since Day 1, and he is a completely present, enthusiastic, loving, and caring father every single day.  On a daily basis he gets Lucy up in the morning and puts her to bed at night; he feeds her dinner and gives her a bath; he plays with her and reads to her. and teaches her things.  He does all these things (and more) not because he's supposed to or because I ask him, but because he loves his daughter, loves being around her, and loves being her Dad.  And boy, is the feeling mutual!  She gets so excited when he walks in the door.  "Dad!," she exclaims, as both their faces light up with big smiles.  They are so sweet together- it makes me smile and warms my heart.


I can't imagine traveling down this road with anyone else, I can't imagine a better life partner, and I really can't imagine a better dad for Lucy.  He's just a seriously extraordinary guy.


Happy Father's Day, B!  We love you!

Comments

Grampa and Gramma F. said…
Happy Dad's Day Brian! We also feel that you're a great Husband and Dad AND Son-in-law!! We've seen you with your 2 girls and it makes us feel so good! That, was fast, wasn't it?? Sorry to say, but happily, the next years will seem to go by even faster.
Shelby said…
That's my bro! Love him and am so happy he's found such an amazing woman to spend his life with, and you 2 have made the most perfect little girl!! Happy Daddy's Day to my big brother Brian!!
Gramma and Grampa C. said…
Shannon, all I can say is..."Gulp! Sob!" The tears are flowing!

We love you three with every breath we take!

A zillion hugs and kisses!

Popular Posts