12 month check-up
Lucy's 12 month check-up with Dr. Fang was yesterday. Not a whole lot to report, but here are the stats, for the record. Her head is 17 3/4 inches in diameter, she weighs 19 pounds, 14 ounces, and measures 30 inches in length. That puts her, according to the growth charts I love so much (not), in the 25th percentile for weight and 75th percentile in height. So, still "long and lean." Dr. Fang said this isn't anything to worry about. Thank goodness! Because we all know how much I would be worried about it, even though she seems perfectly well and good otherwise.
Well, except that she is now, evidently, freaked out by the table in the examining room. She cried each time we had to put her down (that would be three times). That's more than she's cried in at least a month- or two. Seriously, we couldn't remember the last time she cried! Perhaps she remembers getting shots there, who knows. All I know is, poor little girl- she was a sad camper. She got one shot this time (chicken pox vaccine*), though she probably didn't even notice, since she had already started to cry before the shot. *sigh*
We were supposed to provide a urine sample for some routine 12 month tests, but um, have you ever tried to collect a urine sample from a squirmy baby? Yeah, not so much. They give you a little bag to adhere to her, but it fell off...twice. So now we have to try again, and then take it in to the office. Wish us luck! We also need to take her to a lab so they can get a blood sample to run more routine tests. Who votes for Brian taking her? Me!!
Overall, I'd say she was quite the trooper at the doctor's office. Although, since her appointment had to changed (to when she's usually napping), she only had a 45 minute morning nap- a far cry from the 2 hour-plus nap that she normally has. So, not surprisingly, she was pretty tuckered out later on.
She hasn't fallen asleep in the car in a while! I fed her lunch a little early so I could put her down for a nap early. She slept for almost 3 hours, and probably would have slept longer if I didn't wake her up, but it was almost time for dinner by then. ;) Sweet Munchie.
* One of the side-effects of the chicken pox vaccine is a possible high fever and diarrhea approximately 10 days later. Just making note of this now, in the event that I forget and freak out in approximately 10 days.
Well, except that she is now, evidently, freaked out by the table in the examining room. She cried each time we had to put her down (that would be three times). That's more than she's cried in at least a month- or two. Seriously, we couldn't remember the last time she cried! Perhaps she remembers getting shots there, who knows. All I know is, poor little girl- she was a sad camper. She got one shot this time (chicken pox vaccine*), though she probably didn't even notice, since she had already started to cry before the shot. *sigh*
We were supposed to provide a urine sample for some routine 12 month tests, but um, have you ever tried to collect a urine sample from a squirmy baby? Yeah, not so much. They give you a little bag to adhere to her, but it fell off...twice. So now we have to try again, and then take it in to the office. Wish us luck! We also need to take her to a lab so they can get a blood sample to run more routine tests. Who votes for Brian taking her? Me!!
Overall, I'd say she was quite the trooper at the doctor's office. Although, since her appointment had to changed (to when she's usually napping), she only had a 45 minute morning nap- a far cry from the 2 hour-plus nap that she normally has. So, not surprisingly, she was pretty tuckered out later on.
She hasn't fallen asleep in the car in a while! I fed her lunch a little early so I could put her down for a nap early. She slept for almost 3 hours, and probably would have slept longer if I didn't wake her up, but it was almost time for dinner by then. ;) Sweet Munchie.
* One of the side-effects of the chicken pox vaccine is a possible high fever and diarrhea approximately 10 days later. Just making note of this now, in the event that I forget and freak out in approximately 10 days.






Comments
I think Lucy needs some super love-filled Gramma and Grampa hugs!
Those pictures made us all so sad! Hope little sweetheart felt better and was her ole self when she got up.
We also were all "tuckered out".
But, we were all so happy to see and spend time with you, Lucy! Of course including mom, dad, and all the family and friends. Everyday, the moment we left your house, we missed you all over again. Just like now.