4 month check-up

Lucy had her 4 month check-up with Dr. Fang today and everything is good! Yay! :)

She now weighs just over 14 lbs., which Dr. Fang said is right where she should be. Once again, a BIG sigh of relief from me, getting confirmation that she's gaining enough weight, which means she's eating enough, which means I'm producing enough. Seriously, breastfeeding is HARD work! I could write an entire post on this subject...I think I will one of these days.

Anyway, I digress! Back to Lucy's check-up. I just realized they didn't measure her this time, but we know she's grown, so I'm not worried. For those who may be wondering, she is too young for the H1N1 vaccine, although Dr. Fang suggested that we could get the vaccine if we want- mainly Brian, since he's around so many people at work. As for Lucy, we're just supposed to try to avoid crowds, especially now that it's cold season. That shouldn't be much of a problem. ;)

She did, however, get a second round of the vaccinations that she had at her 2 month check-up. Again, one in each thigh. Two nurses were kind enough to double-team so that she would only have to feel it once. They know what they're doing over there! Of course, she still cried anyway, since she was already pretty much over being there in general since it was during what should have been her nap time, but at least that part was fast. It could have been much worse. They pricked her simultaneously and applied Strawberry Shortcake band-aids to each thigh within a matter of seconds. Pros, I tell ya!

She seems to be okay now- now that she's napping! As per the norm following vaccinations, we were warned that she could be a little extra cranky today and may need some infant Tylenol, which I have standing by just in case. The last time I think I gave her a couple doses that same day and then she was fine. We're also supposed to massage her legs, since they might ache. Like I need an extra excuse to smush those thighs!

Her next check-up is in two months- just after Christmas. Wait- Christmas is in two months?? Holy crap!!

Comments

Popular Posts