Week 25: Rutabaga
According to BabyCenter, Bean is now approximately the same weight as an average rutabaga. Okaaay...(really, aren't there other vegetables that weigh around 1 1/2 pounds?)
Head to heels, she now measures about 13 1/2 inches. She's beginning to gain some baby fat and as she does, her skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair. Hmm...considering her parents were both um, follicly-challenged babies, I wonder just how much hair she could be growing. ;)
At our doctor's appointment last week Saturday, we got to hear Bean's heartbeat, which, we were told is nice and strong. Yay! I was also pleased to learn that I've gained12 pounds so far. Now- normally, gaining 12 pounds- not so pleasing. However, given how much larger I'd been feeling last week (and how much larger my thighs are- hello!),12 was a pleasantly surprising number. They say you're "supposed to" gain 2-3 pounds over the first few months and then about a pound a week after that, so I guess that puts me on target so far, so that's reassuring.
I'm still feeling good, too, so that's a plus. Although I have noticed more and more that I can't be on my feet for too long, or not only my feet but also my back starts to really hurt. It's fine though, once I sit down again. I learned this one night last week when I had to go down to San Diego for a work seminar in the afternoon, which went into the evening, plus I was on my feet more than I expected. It was also a really long day. I left the house at the usual 6:00am, and didn't get home until around 9:30pm. I was exhausted. I dragged myself into the house and straight into the bedroom to change into my pjs, only to find a big, pretty Nordies box sitting on the bed! What was this? Where did it come from? Was it for me? Why? I was so confused. Wouldn't you know, Brian bought me a present - the softest, plushiest robe ever in the world - just because, he said, I deserved it. Awww! *sniff* That would be a grand gesture above and beyond just on its own, right? But add to that the fact that Brian does not enjoy shopping or going to the mall. So the fact that he not only thought to get me a present out of the blue, but also drove to the mall to pick up said present...well, I was doubly touched. I have the softest,plushiest robe ever in the world and the bestest, most wonderful husband ever in the world.
It's been a good several days. Yes, the stresses are still there, but why dwell on that when I discovered I'm not as fat as I thought, got an awesome present out of the blue, and was recently told I have "the glow" by a perfect stranger? On Sunday, during our weekly trip to the market, a woman in line in back of us stopped to tell me that I have "the glow." I didn't even feel especially cute right then, either (ha!), but you'd better believe I did after that comment! I've been told I have "the glow" before, but by friends, who are biased. This was by a total stranger- how cool is that?
Oh, and we're finally making some progress on our baby registry. That is, we're at least narrowing down our choices on some of the main, immediate necessities - sleeper, infant car seat, stroller...There are many decisions yet to be made, but at least this part is coming along, so that's good.
Head to heels, she now measures about 13 1/2 inches. She's beginning to gain some baby fat and as she does, her skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair. Hmm...considering her parents were both um, follicly-challenged babies, I wonder just how much hair she could be growing. ;)At our doctor's appointment last week Saturday, we got to hear Bean's heartbeat, which, we were told is nice and strong. Yay! I was also pleased to learn that I've gained12 pounds so far. Now- normally, gaining 12 pounds- not so pleasing. However, given how much larger I'd been feeling last week (and how much larger my thighs are- hello!),12 was a pleasantly surprising number. They say you're "supposed to" gain 2-3 pounds over the first few months and then about a pound a week after that, so I guess that puts me on target so far, so that's reassuring.
I'm still feeling good, too, so that's a plus. Although I have noticed more and more that I can't be on my feet for too long, or not only my feet but also my back starts to really hurt. It's fine though, once I sit down again. I learned this one night last week when I had to go down to San Diego for a work seminar in the afternoon, which went into the evening, plus I was on my feet more than I expected. It was also a really long day. I left the house at the usual 6:00am, and didn't get home until around 9:30pm. I was exhausted. I dragged myself into the house and straight into the bedroom to change into my pjs, only to find a big, pretty Nordies box sitting on the bed! What was this? Where did it come from? Was it for me? Why? I was so confused. Wouldn't you know, Brian bought me a present - the softest, plushiest robe ever in the world - just because, he said, I deserved it. Awww! *sniff* That would be a grand gesture above and beyond just on its own, right? But add to that the fact that Brian does not enjoy shopping or going to the mall. So the fact that he not only thought to get me a present out of the blue, but also drove to the mall to pick up said present...well, I was doubly touched. I have the softest,plushiest robe ever in the world and the bestest, most wonderful husband ever in the world.
It's been a good several days. Yes, the stresses are still there, but why dwell on that when I discovered I'm not as fat as I thought, got an awesome present out of the blue, and was recently told I have "the glow" by a perfect stranger? On Sunday, during our weekly trip to the market, a woman in line in back of us stopped to tell me that I have "the glow." I didn't even feel especially cute right then, either (ha!), but you'd better believe I did after that comment! I've been told I have "the glow" before, but by friends, who are biased. This was by a total stranger- how cool is that?
Oh, and we're finally making some progress on our baby registry. That is, we're at least narrowing down our choices on some of the main, immediate necessities - sleeper, infant car seat, stroller...There are many decisions yet to be made, but at least this part is coming along, so that's good.




Comments