Fast forward one year

Wow, I'm really bad at this. How have I let a year go by without posting? Kinda defeats the purpose. I'm keeping my 5 year journal, so hopefully that will help to bridge any gaps. 


You're in 9th grade now, almost at the end of your freshman year already. Da Vinci Science has been a good experience so far, which I'm grateful for. You're taking English (Jessi Snyder), Science (Jaime Taube), Geometry (Sam Kurczek), Statistics (Jovanie Sandoval), PLTW- Project Lead the Way (Justin Mitchell), and Spanish (Merily Hernandez), and your seminars (electives) are study skills (study hall), and art. 

At dance this year you have three solos and three groups. Your solos are Lament (contemporary), choreographed by Lizzy Diaz, Let It All Go (lyrical), choreographed by Olivia (Liv) Kula, and Happiness Does Not Wait (open), choreographed by Andy Sousa. Your small groups are Figures (contemporary), choreographed by Lizzy and Don't Worry Be Happy (tap), choreographed by Sean Kaminski. Your line is Elephant (contemporary), choreographed by Myles Lavallee.

Besides the choreo classes for your competition numbers, you are also taking classes with Lizzy (ballet), Sean (tap), Natsuo Tomita (intermediate ballet), Gracie Hollway (pointe), Grace Currey (pointe), acro and conditioning with Jacquelyn Diaz, and tech with Ms. Lisa Diaz.

All of this is a lot! But you're managing your schedule incredibly well. I'm so proud of you for how you've been able to balance everything. I should devote a post each to school and dance. But I want to make sure I document this before I forget (or another year goes by)!

Comments

Popular Posts