SYTYCD

Lucy's latest obsession: So You Think You Can Dance.

In case you don't watch the show, it's a dance competition show. Dancers come from all different backgrounds and styles of dance (such as ballet, tap, classical, jazz, contemporary, hip hop, ballroom, etc.). Each week they have to learn a new routine in a new style of dance, regardless of what their specialty is. It's pretty amazing. All the dancers are incredible, so it makes for a really great, entertaining show. (Just ask Gramma and Grampa C, who have been fans for years, even before I started watching!)

It didn't occur to me to let Lucy watch it until recently, since she doesn't watch "regular" television, only animated shows and movies. It wasn't until a friend of mine posted on Facebook about how she and her girls (the younger of whom is around Lucy's age) watch the show together, that I thought Lucy might enjoy it, too. Especially given how much she loves to dance.

Well, she LOVES it! She's been requesting to watch it every day- the same two episodes we still have saved. She hasn't watched Doc McStuffins or Sofia in days. She watches intently, is getting to know the routines, dancers, and judges, and sometimes dances along.

And today, she drew this while I was in the bedroom sorting laundry.


For those of you who don't watch the show (and you really should- it's great), it's a picture of the stage. Very accurate, I must say! Lights across the top, "fireworks" in the middle area, scaffolding off to the left, the stage and dancers at the bottom. I was really impressed! She usually draws faces or people, sometimes houses, and more recently she's been writing letters and or a few words.

Anyway, I just had to share this because I'm getting such a kick out of how much she loves this show, and how wonderful I find this drawing.

Here are a couple other pictures she drew yesterday. She asked that we draw together, but the only parts I drew were the roofs, chimney in the first drawing, and ice cream cone on the left in the second drawing. (And yes, those are giant ice cream cones flanking the house, not trees.)



And my new favorite:


That's me! :)

Comments

Popular Posts