Postcard from the beach

Monday afternoon is usually reserved for Art on Mondays at our friend Lori's house. However, since Lori and her family are out of town, our other friend Ivette suggested a play date at the beach instead. OMG. Best idea ever!


I'm not sure why we don't ever go to the beach. Well, wait, scratch that. I know why. The foremost reason being I have an extremely high standard for beaches, because I compare all beaches to the ones back home, which means I'm pretty much always let down. Also, many times it's hard to find parking and the beaches are packed. Or, so I thought. Basically, in my head the idea of going to the beach is always a big pain in the tush. But I was wrong!



This afternoon we went to Manhattan Beach. Granted, it was the late afternoon on a weekday, but we had no problem finding parking and the beach was almost empty. Furthermore, the weather was perfect! And bonus: Lucy, Bregan, and Ethan (and their mommies) had a great time!







As we drove along the ocean, and then after we arrived at the beach, Lucy kept pointing to the water and said, "I want to go surf!" And then she kept repeating it, like, the entire time we were there. Then she would lie on her tummy on the sand and practice paddling out. I think she'll be a natural. Too bad Mommy and Daddy don't know how to surf. That's okay. I'm already looking into recruiting some friends to teach her. :)




Anyway, we were there for just a couple hours, but had SO much fun! The kids had fun playing, and the best part was they were easy to watch over from the blankets, so Alicia, Ivette, and I could actually hold real conversations. Really, it was one of the loveliest afternoons we've had. So much fun. We didn't want to leave!


Sure, summer is almost over, but we're definitely going back! And I love the beach, so I can't wait!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lucy James, you're the cutest, prettiest little girl in the world!
We love seeing you smiling and having fun with your buddies.
You and "B" alone together in the sand is priceless!
Maybe we can take you 'surfing' at Mom's favorite beach when you come for Aunty Ash's wedding.
Grampa and Gramma F said…
Anonymous was us!
Shelby said…
So much fun! We didn't get to the beach this summer, and now I'm determined to go before it gets too cold!!!
Gramma and Grampa C. said…
Lucy Bean, where did you learn to surf? How do you even KNOW about surfing? These are priceless pictures, and, Mommy, how wonderful that you had as much fun as the kids! Yea!
Jen said…
BTW - I love that you had such a great time at 'my' beach :)

Popular Posts