Winner winner chicken dinner!
(As Guy Fieri would say.)
I've been wanting to post about this for a while, and since I can't get any other post together in my mind, now seems as good a time as any to share with you a very simple, but most delectable meal.
Roast Chicken.
Now, I'm aware that there are as many methods to roast a chicken as there are cooks in the world. The one I tried most recently and am thoroughly pleased with is Thomas Keller's Favorite Simple Roast Chicken.
I've made this twice so far and both times I used chickens slightly larger than the recipe called for, so I had to be sure to have a thermometer handy. For anyone who might be intimidated by cooking a whole chicken (like I am), this really couldn't be any easier. I was skeptical, but I followed the instructions and sure enough- perfectly cooked chicken!
All I did was rinse and dry the chicken, truss it, and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper before putting it in the oven. That's it. Please understand how much strength it took for me to not rub butter all over that thing! I placed it on top of a rack, inside of a glass baking dish. I watched the time and checked its temperature and made sure the juices ran clear. It was the easiest thing ever! After the chicken comes out of the oven, baste with the juices and let it sit for 15(+) minutes, and voila! Perfectly seasoned (somewhat salty - yum!), crispy skin, and unbelievably moist and juicy!
While the chicken was resting, I decided to make some pan gravy, since I LOVE me some gravy. Anything delicious can only be made more delicious by drenching it in yummy gravy, I say! Surprisingly, I managed to whip up a batch of pan gravy by feel, and it was perfect. I made some couscous and steamed broccoli to go along with it. The result? A bonafide meal!
So easy, so moist, so delicious, and I am SO making this again! If you haven't tried this recipe yet, you must! Like, tonight!
I've been wanting to post about this for a while, and since I can't get any other post together in my mind, now seems as good a time as any to share with you a very simple, but most delectable meal.
Roast Chicken.
Now, I'm aware that there are as many methods to roast a chicken as there are cooks in the world. The one I tried most recently and am thoroughly pleased with is Thomas Keller's Favorite Simple Roast Chicken.
I've made this twice so far and both times I used chickens slightly larger than the recipe called for, so I had to be sure to have a thermometer handy. For anyone who might be intimidated by cooking a whole chicken (like I am), this really couldn't be any easier. I was skeptical, but I followed the instructions and sure enough- perfectly cooked chicken!
All I did was rinse and dry the chicken, truss it, and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper before putting it in the oven. That's it. Please understand how much strength it took for me to not rub butter all over that thing! I placed it on top of a rack, inside of a glass baking dish. I watched the time and checked its temperature and made sure the juices ran clear. It was the easiest thing ever! After the chicken comes out of the oven, baste with the juices and let it sit for 15(+) minutes, and voila! Perfectly seasoned (somewhat salty - yum!), crispy skin, and unbelievably moist and juicy!
While the chicken was resting, I decided to make some pan gravy, since I LOVE me some gravy. Anything delicious can only be made more delicious by drenching it in yummy gravy, I say! Surprisingly, I managed to whip up a batch of pan gravy by feel, and it was perfect. I made some couscous and steamed broccoli to go along with it. The result? A bonafide meal!
So easy, so moist, so delicious, and I am SO making this again! If you haven't tried this recipe yet, you must! Like, tonight!





Comments