Happy Halloween!

We didn't do much last year besides dress up Lucy as a ghostly candy corn.


This year has been a completely different story- we've been Halloweening it up all over town!  And since there's nothing more gratifying than getting one's money's worth out of a Halloween costume, especially a cute one, you can imagine how pleased I am that Lucy has been a ladybug many times over the past couple of weeks, ending in the big day today.

Ladybug appearance #1: A couple weeks ago at Bregan's birthday party. 


Ladybug appearance #2: Dressing up for our mommy & me class this week.  We had our usual class, decorated treat bags for our arts & crafts project for the day, and then the kiddies got dressed up toward the end of class to go trick-or-treating through a few of the adjacent classrooms. Since the parents brought treats that were then distributed to the classes to give back to us, we were assured to get non-dangerous, non-candy goodies.  Below is Lucy's haul.  Pretty cool stuff!



Ladybug appearance #3: A visit to the pumpkin patch with Alicia and Bregan.  It was summer heat wave hot that day, so we didn't linger for long.  Just long enough to take some pictures, walk by the petting zoo, and ride the train.




Ladybug appearance #4: Gymboree class this week.  Nearly everyone dressed up.  It was super cute!




Ladybug appearance #5: Halloween party at Brian's work on Friday afternoon.  It was nice to see everyone taking a well-deserved break to have fun with the kids.  Of course, I think the kids had the most fun running all over the place!



Ladybug appearance #6: Our next door neighbor Jordan's 3rd birthday party this afternoon.  They had a bouncy house that Lucy and Bregan were too little for, but they didn't mind.  They had fun checking out the water fountains and playing in the grass.



Ladybug appearance #7: Our neighborhood's Halloween costume parade this afternoon put on by our mom's group.  Over 100 little ones dressed up, parading around the main park and then trick-or-treating through the businesses in the main square.  Yup, it was just as cute as you're picturing! 




Oh, we (and by 'we' I mean 'I') carved a Bean-o-lantern, complete with somewhat anatomically correct Bean teeth. :)


And we (and by 'we' I mean 'I') also roasted pumpkin seeds.  Nom!


All in all, it's been quite the festive Halloween season up in these parts.  Hope you all had a great Halloween, too!

Comments

Gramma (& Grampa) F said…
Lucy, Love you in your cute ladybug costume. Looks like you and mom had a lot of fun all dressed up for Halloween.

Shan, Great job on the carved pumpkin and roasted seeds.
leah said…
That ladybug costume is seriously the cutest! Do you guys ever dress up the doogles? I wanted to get our Bean a costume SO BAD but I forgot every time I went to Target (where they supposedly have the best puppy costumes). Also, what were you dressed up as?
dee said…
I love it!! She is totally adorable in that ladybug costume :)
Sister said…
:: Happy Holiday Season! ::

Super cute costume! I'm glad LJ got such great use out of that costume, it is seriously one of the best little person costumes I've seen!
XO
PS. Sister, props on the pumpkin! :)
Gramma and Grampa C. said…
There are two great things about your mommy's blog, Lucy! First, we get all the news about the fun and exciting things you're doing, and, second, we can download all of the pictures to our computer! It's absolutely the best!!! We have to agree with all the comments about your costume and your mommy's pumpkin carving skills. And, what was your mommy's costume??

Popular Posts